At INSER, our greatest responsibility is to look after the health and well-being of our patients and staff, which is why we have decided to take full advantage of the COVID-19 prevention measures recommended by the Ministry of Health and fertility associations around the world (American Society for Reproductive Medicine – ASRM, European Society for Reproduction and Human Embryology – ESHRE and the Colombian Association of Human Reproduction Centres – ACCERH).
With this in mind, we share the measures that will be taken as of March 18, 2020 at our INSER centers in the country (Medellín, Eje Cafetero, Bogotá and Cartagena)
1. First-time consultations and exam reviews will be scheduled virtually only. It is important to keep in mind that this consultation modality guarantees all the necessary protocols to reach a comprehensive diagnosis of the patient, as everything that normally includes these types of fertility appointments (timing, transvaginal ultrasound in a second encounter and virtual emotional support consultation) will be fully respected.
2. Patients who are in the middle of initiated treatments will finish their cycles normally with the accompaniment of our specialists and care staff. In these cases, the necessary preventive measures will be taken for the care of the patient and the team attending the case.
3. The start of treatment will be suspended from the date.This is in order to avoid contact and displacement of national and international patients to our centers.
4. Our team of specialists and care personnel will have their shifts adjusted to guarantee the treatment of active patients while reducing the need to travel to the centers and attend to the public in general.
5. INSER’s administrative staff will work remotely to avoid their having to travel and the crowding of people on our premises.
It is important to note that the application of these measures is subject to the indications of the National Government. We will return to our normal work activities as soon as the government authorities have assured us that the virus is under control and notify us that we may return.
At the same time we ask our patients to make responsible use of the emergency services. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please call the telephone numbers provided by the Secretary of Health of your municipality or the Health Section of the Department.
If you have any concerns about the situation, we invite you to contact our customer service team:
– Medellín (4) 268 8000 – Whatsapp: +57 3146236485
– Pereira: (6) 340 17 09 – Whatsapp: +57 3117706212
– Bogotá: (1) 746 98 69 – Whatsapp: +57 3127748007
– Cartagena: (5) 693 04 34 – Whatsapp: +57 3175137834
– Manizales: (6) 896 22 20 – Whatsapp: +57 3146236485
The INSER Group appreciates the understanding of all our patients and invites them to continue promoting the culture of self-care, adopting all the necessary measures set out by the Ministry of Health and Social Protection. We will be attentive to all recommendations to return to work and continue to make dreams come true.
At INSER we take care of you and we take care of ourselves to continue our mission of making dreams come true!