If you and your partner have already decided it’s time to have a baby, the first thing to do is go to a preconceptional appointment with a specialist in gynecology and fertility, as this health professional will analyze your case in particular to launch this import to life project providing solutions and alternatives to have a safe and healthy pregnancy for both the mother and her baby.
Preconceptional appointment is a space where a specialist in gynecology and fertility analyses the possible difficulties and risk factors that a partner has when it comes to conceiving a baby, focused on the analysis of their medical history, their own illnesses and Hereditary, psychosocial and environmental factors, among others.
When the couple decides that it is the ideal time to look for a pregnancy. In the preconceptional appointment, all possible factors that may lead to a problem of infertility or a high-risk pregnancy will be analyzed.
Any couple who plan to have a baby as a short and medium term project should go to a preconceptional appointment. In addition, this medical appointment is also useful for women who wish to be mothers but present:
- Medical problems like diabetes
- Nutritional problems such as anemia, or folic acid deficiency.
- Contact with substances that may affect the baby as teratogens as tobacco, alcohol, or warfarin.
- History of RH isoimmunization or premature births.
- Certain factors also need an early consultation. Some of them are: irregular or painful menstruations, history of surgeries or abdominal infections, semen abnormalities such as low volume or abnormal coloration and the presence of sexual problems in the couple.
In the preconceptional quotation, factors such as:
- Physical exam.
- Diagnostic impression.
- Recommendations for the search for pregnancy.
- among others.
The function of the preconceptional appointment is to clarify the doubts of a couple who want to look for a pregnancy. In this medical appointment, patients will receive medical advice to perform some medical examinations and treatments focused on extending the initial diagnosis, as well as suggestions on improving their lifestyle to achieve the long-awaited pregnancy .
Preconceptional appointment is a guarantee to achieve a safe and successful pregnancy, get in touch with us through our attention lines:
- Medellin: Phone. +57(4)268 80 00
- Bogota: Phone. +57(1) 746 98 69 – 619 00 17 and cellphone. +57 312 774 8007
- Pereira: Phone. +57(6) 340 17 09
- Cartagena: Phone: +57(5) 693 0434
- Rionegro: Phone.+57(4) 268 80 00 option 3
Or through our social media, Facebook and Instagram.