Non-invasive Test baby Plus and baby plus Advanced
For those who are expecting a child, the Colgenes company’s baby Plus and baby plus Advanced genetic testing will help them know about possible abnormalities and malformations in you child with just a blood test.
When the news of a pregnancy arrives, a couple prepares for a transformational process. Their whole life revolves around this new being, and the expectations about this baby that comes to the world fill all his plans and projects to the future. One of the great longings is that the child on the road has good health. “Born healthy” is the main concern of new parents, because the well-being and health of your child is above any motivation.
Thanks to the improvements of the science, to know precisely the state of health of a fetus since the first weeks of gestation is already possible, because the DNA of the baby runs through the maternal blood, and thus, with only a sample of blood of the mother , the couple will know for sure if their child can have serious illnesses that put their lives at risk and whether or not it is possible to continue with the pregnancy.
With the non-invasive prenatal tests SG baby test Plus and Baby test Advanced, it can be known, with a margin of 95% reliability and with only 10 weeks of gestation, if the baby has genetic abnormalities such as:
- Trisomy 21, associated with down syndrome.
- Trisomy 18, associated with Edwards syndrome.
- Trisomy 13, associated with Patau syndrome.
- Trisomy 16 and 22, associated with spontaneous abortion.
- Aneuploidies of chromosomes 9 and 15.
- Aneuploidies of sex chromosomes: syndrome of Turner and syndrome of Klinefelter.
In addition, the SG Baby Test Advanced, the extended version of the Baby test Plus, identifies 10 microdeletions or mutations related to genetic syndromes such as:
- Angelman syndrome.
- Prader-Willi syndrome.
- 1p36 deletion.
- Cat Meow syndrome.
- Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome.
- Jacobsen syndrome.
- Langer-Giedion syndrome.
- DiGeorge II syndrome.
- Phelan-McDermid syndrome.
- Deletion 16p 11.2-P 12.2.
After performing the blood test in the mother, it is sent within a period of less than 36 hours to the laboratory genomic systems in Spain. There, in less than two weeks, geneticists send the results found to the treating physician in Colombia, and it is in charge of informing the parents whether or not they found any malformation in the baby they expect.
These blood tests are recommended for any couple who are expecting a child. Regardless of the age of the mother or family genetic history, any pregnant woman is at risk for her baby to have any of the diseases mentioned above.
In addition, the Baby test Plus and Baby test Advanced tests are recommended in the following cases:
- Women who have an advanced maternal age.
- Couples who have a family history of pregnancies with aneuploidies or chromosomal mutations.
- Fetuses with ultrasound alterations.
- Couples receiving abnormal results in first trimester biochemical screening.
Contact us in our lines:
- Medellín: +57(4) 268 80 00
- Rionegro: +57(4) 2 68 80 00, option 3
- Bogotá: +57(1) 619 00 17, +57(1) 746 98 69 and +57 312 774 8007
- Cartagena: +57(5) 693 04 34
- Pereira: +57(6) 340 17 09 and +57(6) 324 39 74
- Whatsapp: +57 314 623 6485